Our client is an extremely reputable group of nursing homes and who has an exciting new opportunity in Aylesbury. They are currently looking for a Deputy Manager - RGN or RMN to join their team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the service in the Home Manager's absence, being accountable for the standard of care delivery home
- Leading the clinical team and support staff on each shift
- Ensuring person-centred care plans are being implemented, ensuring dignity and respect, liaising with the Care & Nursing Teams, relatives and other agencies
- Carry out duties in accordance with NMC guidelines
- Leading and developing the staff team
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels, developing rotas and arranging sickness and absence cover
- Ensuring that correct procedures are in place for the reporting and recording of accidents and incidents, in line with company requirements and legislation.
- Investigating and responding to complaints, and implementing improvements
- Ensuring regular resident reviews and supporting all involved in decision-making processes, making sure residents participate as fully as possible.
- Supporting staff formulate person-centred care plans.
- Observing resident behaviours and staff interaction to ensure good care practice, and supporting staff to positively manage challenging behaviour
- Monitoring medication administration and carrying out audits, developing action plans for improvement ensuring these are implemented and maintained
- Undertaking assessments for prospective residents prior to admission
- Undertaking group, one-to-one and annual personal development meetings within required time frames
- Recruiting new staff, planning and monitoring induction
- Supporting staff welfare and wellbeing, and helping staff to resolve workplace issues
- Monitoring sickness absence and liaising with HR as appropriate
- Undertaking staff conduct investigation, including recommending disciplinary action or performance management as appropriate, with guidance from the HR Manager
- Adhering to all policies, procedures and guidelines and reporting any matters of concern
Applicants must have experience of working in a Nursing Home environment, in a senior capacity and must be able to manage a team. Applicants must also possess good and concise report-writing skills and be computer literate, as well as having a good understanding of CQC requirements.
Experience of working in Dementia care with older people would be an advantage.
Are you a qualified Nurse either out in your career or looking for a more senior position? If so, Sammons Healthcare would like to offer our expertise and assistance. We have vacancies nationwide for RGNs RMNs and RNLDs. Additionally if you are currently seeking a post as an Area, Home or Deputy Manager, Senior Nurse or Clinical Lead then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.