Desktop Support Analyst - 1st Line
|Job Title:||Desktop Support Analyst - 1st Line|
|Location:||Uckfield, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£18000 - £21000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2020 15:36|
This is a great opportunity for a Junior Desktop Support Analyst to join an expanding organisation based in Uckfield.
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 6:00pm (7.5 hours per day on a shift pattern)
Working in a small team you will responsible for providing 1st line technical/desktop support to over 300 employees across multiple sites in the UK.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Providing remote technical support to teams via a ticketing system
- Providing remote technical support to external users from around the country
- Prioritising technical issues based of impact and severity
- Identifying reoccurring issues providing analysis on cause
- Identifying and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Possessing specialist knowledge of applications and software including the company's internal bespoke system.
- Working with the service desk, making sure all issues are logged and actioned
- 1+ years' experience in an application support or similar role
- Experience providing 1st line support of bespoke systems
- Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
- Clear communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving
- Self-starter able to work without close supervision to achieve goals
- Calm, organised and professional manner even when working under pressure
- Ability to read and write structured query language (SQL)
- Data manipulation using Excel and/or ETL tools
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's