This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Draughtsperson to join a market leading Manufacturing company based in Loughton, Essex.
For this position you will be offering support within Design Support Team - working closely with Electrical & Electronic Design Team and Technical Documentation Team.
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (some flexibility in start and finish times)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, plus the option to buy an extra 5 days per year.
Additional benefits: Pension, free life assurance, recognition scheme, subsidised canteen and permit parking (free of charge)
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Wiring Loom drawings - creation and maintenance
- Circuit Diagrams and other electrical schematics - creation and maintenance
- Electrical Data sheets - control and maintenance
- PLM Data Management System (Windchill) - electrical data lifecycle management
- Engineering Change Notes (in relation to Electrical & Electronic Design)
- Electrical design information administration (for new product release and existing product maintenance)
- EMC, UL and Safety Standards certification documentation and correspondence
- Identification and approval of alternative components and control of obsolete components and end-of-life processes
- Develop, improve and innovate processes and methods, creating necessary documentation and support material, and training other Team members
- R&D Database Tool maintenance and management
- 3D CAD (Creo) component and assembly modelling and integration of electrical and electronic design into CAD models
- Engineering Change Process management
- Back-up support to other members of Design Support Team
- CAD System administration support and general data quality corrections
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- AutoCAD / LT (inc. Electrical Toolset) or similar program (DraftSight, nanoCAD, LibreCAD etc.)
- OrCAD Capture
- Electrical drawings, schematics, diagrams and layouts creation and knowledge of standard industry methods, formats, layouts, set-ups etc.
- Creo Parametric (inc. Pro-Cabling module)
- Electrical / Electronic engineering experience in an electro-mechanical equipment manufacturing environment
- Engineering Change management
- Windchill or similar PLM / Data Management system
- MFG-Pro or similar MRP/ERP system
- Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel and Access)
- Photographic skills (including editing techniques)
- CAD System administration (simple tasks)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.