This is a temporary role upto 3 weeks, must have a car due to location
- Be appointed to direct and manage Electrical Engineering activities. Work with and lead a team of 3 Electrical Engineers.
- 50:50 split between hands on Electrical work and office based planning, prioritising, and administration
- Ensure that all equipment is safely installed and commissioned and then systematically inspected, examined, tested and maintained
- Support and develop the health, safety and environmental culture
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To be an active member of the management team and get involved in the day to day running of all aspects of the site. This will include some underground electrical maintenance tasks as part of a team of three electrically trained staff
- To support and drive health, safety and environmental excellence in the engineering department
- To manage the strategic direction and development of the engineering department
- To identify and eliminate losses through the application of continuous improvement tools
- To manage the electrical elements of planned maintenance and control defects raised
- To take control of spending and departmental budgets
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in management and supervision
- IOSH or recognised safety management qualification
- Knowledge and experience of:
- high and low voltage electrical distribution systems
- electric and diesel mobile plant
- conveying and crushing plant and installations
- Training and experience in the use of continuous improvement tools and processes
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.