Job title: Electrical Engineering Operative, Day shift.
Location: Hastings area
Salary: To £28k including shift allowance and £1k bonus
Reference Number: 1374678
35 hour per week 4 days on, 4 days off
You will be responsible for delivering maintenance and improvement to production and service plant to maximize availability.
Work within a multi discipline team to maximize availability and effectiveness of production and service plant.
Work 4 days on and 4 days off shift pattern attending for a minimum average of 35 hours per week
- Deliver a plant wide maintenance service to the production team by undertaking electrical repairs and preventative maintenance activities.
- Provide written reports covering all work undertaken as part of the implementation of the Maintenance Management System).
- Identify root causes for plant failure and where possible suggest long term solutions.
- Always work in a safe manor, complying with the company and national health and safety rules and practices.
- When necessary undertake training courses.
- From time to time manage and undertake improvement projects.
- Apply 5 S and other TPM techniques to contribute to improvements in all areas of Engineering activity within the plant.
- Support the mechanical engineering team when required.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship and/or qualification.
- Flexible and self-motivated working attitude.
- Willingness and ability to undertake overtime as and when required.
- Team working attitude.
- Computer literate.
- PLC, access and read programs; basic programming capability.
- Ability to fault find.
- High degree of Health and safety awareness.
- Experience of working in a continuous production environment.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.