40 hr week - 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
The role requires an experienced, flexible and highly motivated individual who is capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a team.
You will be required to interact with the client and therefore it is important you can demonstrate excellent communication and client facing skills.
The role will involve surveying a site in relation to all aspects of electrical contracting for commercial and domestic prospects (new and existing customers). This includes undertaking technical surveys of their premises, system design, and being responsible for the technical aspects of a quotation.
The role of estimating includes ensuring that the right equipment is put into a quotation using the management/CRM system to assist you. This relates to pricing and putting together the product and technical elements of the quotation within an agreed timeframe for the prospect. This involves working with and communicating with the Sales Support Executive who will send your signed quotation off to the prospect and do the follow up. You will be asked from time to time to either talk to or meet a prospect to answer technical questions about the quotation and explain the solution you chose.
- Display extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product knowledge and company services offered.
- Have a full working knowledge of industry regulations, standards and restrictions, and ensure the Electrical team adhere to these.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager on projects pre and post installation.
- City & Guilds Electro Technical Technology (2357) including levels 1, 2, 3 & AM2
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspection Combined Course
Must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently and in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IEE Wiring Regulations for the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
Essential Technical, Practical Experience, Personal Aptitudes and Skills:
- Commercial, industrial and domestic applications
- Single and three phase installations
- Single and three phase distribution systems
- Installation of cable management systems including plastic & steel conduit, trunking and cable tray
- Emergency / escape lighting
- Installation of lighting and power systems
- Portable appliance testing
- Data cable installation
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be literate and numerate.
- Have the ability to compose a letter and emails.
- Be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong administration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Perform under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- Be an excellent and thoughtful decision maker.
Advantageous Health & Safety Qualifications:
- Asbestos Awareness
- CSCS Card
- Risk assessments and method statements
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.