Day shift Four days on, four days off typically starting at 07:00 and working to 17:00hrs (including breaks)
Position offers the Opportunity for progression to a more senior role.
£28,606 per annum minimum including shift allowance
£548.635 per week minimum including shift allowance
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Response to plant breakdowns
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance activities
- Learning to operate all production plant so that you may support maintenance activities by testing plant for correct operation
- Identifying areas for improvement and contributing to improvement activities, both directly as well as contributing to team efforts
- Applying TPM principles to all areas of your activities.
- Construction of PLC based control panels and installation of electrical circuits and equipment
- Provide call out support.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Recognised Electrical Engineering Apprenticeships and Qualifications.
- Minimum requirements for qualification are to City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering and to the current 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Demonstrable Knowledge & Expertise in Fault-finding and Diagnostic Skills on Industrial Plant & Equipment.
- Full understanding of PLC equipment & programming skills. Capable of writing simple original PLC programmes and interrogating control systems.
- Capable of programming Invertor Motor Controls, and to fault find on hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Computer literate
Desirable (but not essential) qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to ONC / HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering industrial control system, 3 phase power circuits.
- Advanced PLC programming capabilities
- Basic mechanical fitting and welding.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.