|Job Title:||Electrical Supervisor|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£36000 - £38000 per annum + company van|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 02:33|
40 hours a week, Monday-Friday, 8:30-17:00
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and respected Electrical contractor.
Would suit someone who is highly skilled and driven, with previous supervisory and team management experience in a similar position, someone with good interpersonal skills, who is team orientated, and has a positive attitude and who can apply themselves to meet the company's targets and KPIs. The applicant should have experience in managing small to medium electrical projects, ensuring a high quality of workmanship and meeting completion targets.As the Electrical Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of the electrical services are installed and undertaken to a high standard, to industry codes of practice, within timescale and on budget. The role requires an experienced, flexible and highly motivated individual who is capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervising our electrical team, ensuring jobs are completed on time, on budget, and to a high standard of workmanship.
- Qualifying engineer call reports for day works carried out by the electrical team.
- Qualifying engineer call reports and job costing for quoted works carried out by the electrical team, including any additional materials / labour used.
- Contract review any quoted works prior to installation.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager on projects pre and post installation.
- Completing NICEIC certification on the software following completion of works.
- Completing and submitting part 'P' certification where necessary.
- Display extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product knowledge and company services offered.
- Have a full working knowledge of industry regulations, standards and restrictions, and ensure the Electrical team adhere to these.
- Identify the training needs of the Electrical team and report these to your line manager.
- Assist our NICEIC QA manager with undertaking audits and quality checks on the Electrical team and their installation work.
- Provide assistance to our NICEIC QA manager and assist with the external audit visits of the NICEIC inspector.
- Preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Attend to breakdown call out jobs where necessary.
- Provide assistance with training of apprentices.
- City & Guilds Electro Technical Technology (2357) including levels 1, 2, 3 & AM2
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspection Combined Course
- Risk assessment preparation
Must have at least three years in a supervisory capacity in charge of electrical installations of such complexity and dimension as to require wide technical experience and organisational ability.
Essential Technical & Practical Experience, Personal Aptitudes and Skills:
- Commercial, industrial and domestic applications
- Single and three phase installations
- Single and three phase distribution systems
- Installation of cable management systems including plastic & steel conduit, trunking and cable tray
- Emergency / escape lighting
- Installation of lighting and power systems
- Portable appliance testing
- Data cable installation
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be literate and numerate.
- Have the ability to compose a letter and emails.
- Be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong administration skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Perform under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- Be an excellent and thoughtful decision maker
Advantageous Health & Safety Qualifications:
- CSCS card
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's