Salary: £32k - £35k per annum + company van, corporate clothing, mobile telephone.
8:30 a.m. to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
The position requires a qualified and experienced, flexible and highly motivated individual who is capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a team.
Duties involve undertaking electrical installations, minor works, test & inspections, breakdowns and other related works.
The candidate should have a solid electrical installation background and should:
- Have served a recognised apprenticeship / traineeship
- Have basic IT skills: MS Word, MS Outlook
- Have experience in industrial, commercial and domestic installations
- Have a good understanding of BS:7671
- City & Guilds Electro Technical Technology (2357) including levels 1, 2, 3 & AM2
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspection Combined Course
Candidates must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently and in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IEE Wiring Regulations for the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Commercial, industrial and domestic applications
- Single and three phase installations
- Single and three phase distribution systems
- Installation of cable management systems including plastic & steel conduit, trunking and cable tray
- Emergency / escape lighting
- Installation of lighting and power systems
- Portable appliance testing
- Data cable installation
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be literate and numerate.
- Be conversant with the Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Be motivated, self-disciplined and capable of working unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Perform under pressure.
- Positive attitude.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be a good and thoughtful decision maker.
Advantageous Health & Safety Qualifications:
- CSCS card
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.