This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronics Technician to join a market leading Manufacturing company based in Loughton, Essex.
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (some flexibility in start and finish times)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, plus the option to buy an extra 5 days per year.
Additional benefits: Pension, free life assurance, recognition scheme, subsidised canteen and permit parking (free of charge)
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Provide support for electronic and software development of new and existing products
- Provide electrical and electronic support for Production Department
- Prototype wiring for new products and test jigs
- Collaborate with engineering team to achieve optimal PCB and wiring designs (reliability, cost, manufacturability and serviceability)
- Provide information required for the documentation of wiring looms, machine wiring schematics and engineer service manuals
- Use in-house Product Lifecycle Management software (Windchill) for maintaining designs, BOMs and documentation and processing Engineering Change Notes
- Provide estimates for project planning, meet deadlines, report progress
- Hands-on trouble-shoot production issues, R&D development issues and the occasional field issue
- Assist technical documentation department
- Assist production with component scarcity and obsolescence issues
- Assist software and mechanical teams
- HND or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Excellent hands on electronics and wiring skills
- Excellent fault-finding skills, down to component level
- Experience in OrCAD or similar
- Experience in AutoCAD or similar
- Sound all-round and knowledge of electronic components and usage
- Familiar with safety approval standards (UL 60950, UL 62368)
- Familiar with sound EMC practices
- Self-motivated, self-organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good health and safety awareness when working around mechanically and electrically dangerous equipment
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.