This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, mechanically biased Engineering Manager to join a rapidly growing Engineering company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
You will be part of the Senior Management team and responsible for managing the design project department, developing a disciplined approach to dealing with large capital projects.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Provide technical direction, daily management, design and systems integration for large engineering capital expenditure equipment from project concept through to customer commissioning
- Apply significant technical industrial knowledge within the areas of high pressure gas, water cooling, induction heating, and vacuum engineering disciplines
- Confer with Directors, Sales & Marketing staff, and the Engineering team on technical specifications and procedures
- Clear concise, coordinated, and disciplined leadership skills within the companies engineering process requirements
- Experienced competent user of Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks Design Engineering modelling software
- Ability to understand, formulate, and process ideas from written Engineering specifications
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply engineering standards relating to systems design, operation, and safety during the design, production and installation phases
- Manage the process of reviewing and approving product design and change
- Clear concise understanding and application of the cost/design engineering management process tools
- Manage a team of four / five CAD Designers, Detail CAD Draughtspersons, and Project Engineers with a positive 'can do' attitude delivering project designs according to agreed delivery date times schedules
- The successful applicant will ideally have an undergraduate degree in an Engineering based subject with a minimum of ten years' proven experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in metal melting process, vacuum, or oil and gas systems would be advantageous
- Requirement to travel overseas as and when required
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.