This is a great position for an experienced, mechanically biased Procurement Manager to join an established Engineering company based in Hailsham.
You will be responsible for managing the company's purchase of engineered components, materials and services supporting the design, manufacture and installation of large capital projects in metal processing equipment.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Able to read and understand complex technical drawings and specifications
- Communicating effectively with external suppliers and sub-contractors
- Working closely with the Design Engineering and Production Managers to coordinate and plan requirements according to project/ contract deadlines
- Investigate, develop and negotiate with new potential suppliers according to requirements
- Apply significant manufacturing industrial technical knowledge within the areas of high-pressure gas, water cooling, induction heating and vacuum engineering disciplines
- Conferring concisely with Directors and other senior management members on project and purchasing status's
- Providing a clear concise, coordinated leadership approach to the company's current and future objectives
- Delivering projects to an agreed budget and time frame
- Motivating the production/ manufacturing team members by closely coordinating day to day activities
- Leading by example to develop a coordinated approach to buying, scheduling and cost management
- Managing a team of purchasing and administration staff together with sub-contractors
- The successful applicant would ideally have a degree or HND with a Mechanical Engineering based subject with a minimum of ten years proven industrial / scientific equipment process equipment experience
- Experience in metal melting process, vacuum or oil and gas systems would be advantageous
- Requirement to travel overseas as and when required
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.