Position is available with a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide, where the employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of the companies people gives them their competitive edge.
- Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrable experience & competence in design, development and delivery or complex Hardware/Software based Avionics Systems and Products.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in design, development and delivery of complex Hardware/Software based Avionics Systems and Products at all Design Assurance Levels (up to and including RTCA/DO-254 & RTCA/DO-178B/C DAL A), or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence across engineering disciplines (Systems Engineering, Hardware Development, Software Development, Safety Engineering, Support Engineering etc.)
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in the Avionics Mission Systems domain, or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence at all Design Assurance Levels (up to and including RTCA/DO-254 & RTCA/DO-178B/C DAL A).
- Demonstrable experience/competence in a senior/influential position within an Engineering organisation.
- A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence.
Current security clearance.
Purpose of the Position:
To Provide expert level engineering support, to complement the Engineering Management team, by acting as Technical Authority providing technical guidance and approvals to drive 'flawless on time execution' of development programmes and activities within Electronic Systems.
- Supporting development of Engineering Management Plans and data based design maturity measurement systems.
- Approval of Engineering Management Plans.
- Pro-actively working with programmes to ensure adherence to the Engineering Management Plan, to ensure technical and engineering execution risk is well managed and to ensure the solution maturity progresses to plan.
- Act as the engineering approver on development programmes at Phase kick off reviews, Phase exit reviews and Design Reviews with the objective of helping the team achieve On Time Acceptable Delivery.
- Provide objective monthly assessments on technical and engineering execution 'health' and implemented 'corrective actions' to the Engineering Delivery Manager.
- Provide guidance to the generation of cost effective and business wining Avionic development approaches.
- Act as an engineering solution and development approach assessor for new business proposals.
- Creation of capability development proposals and associated business cases.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.