|Job Title:||Engineering Technician|
|Location:||Hailsham, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£26000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2020 16:50|
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Engineering Production Technician to join a rapidly growing company based in Hailsham who specialise in the design and manufacture of bespoke advance process plant equipment.
Ideally you will an Engineer who has a Production engineering lean processes & maintenance background. For this position you will be responsible for operating large scale Production and Manufacturing machinery which includes vacuum, and high pressure gas components.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Working with the Production Team to fulfil production orders
- Safe loading of raw material into the induction furnace
- Melting, pouring, and atomising of metal alloys
- Can use their own initiative and work methodically
- Cleaning of the atomiser and components to a high standard
- Operation of the machinery through PLC
- Carry out Planned Maintenance
- Relining of furnace crucibles
- Management of consumable products associated with production
- Maintaining a clean, organised workspace and promote safe practices
- Operation of an overhead crane
Required knowledge and skills
- Experience within industrial/manufacturing operating environments.
- A mechanical, technical knowledge and ability.
- Experience in equipment maintenance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Pro-active mind-set with the ability to work autonomously where required.
- Confidence to work at height within current Health & Safety regulations
- Computer literate.
Desired (optional) experience
- Lean Manufacturing.
- Fork-lift (Counterbalance) licence.
- Operation of PLC controller types.
- Metal melting experience
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's