Salary: £20k - 22k p/a
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday half hour for lunch
20 days holiday plus bank holidays & 3 days at Christmas.
The company is a membership organisation and a trade body in a fast growing and exciting sector. The company has seen considerable growth over the last two years and has undertaken a complete refresh and evolution under the leadership of their new Director.
The company provides many services to its membership working with agencies & freelancers to help deliver where required: services include networking, newsletters, member's website, PR, research, legal updates & briefings, working with Government and experts on legislation & VAT. The organisation also run a large number of events, breakfasts and forums during the year including a two-day annual conference, Awards and Summer/Christmas parties. They are continually looking for new ways to add value to the membership and to increase on revenue.
The successful applicant will be working closely with senior management, and the small friendly team across all areas. All members of the team will work across member services, answering calls/emails, providing advice and sign-posting and supporting key member activities, including workshops, events and the annual conference.
The position will involve travel to London for meetings and events as required, which is compulsory and does include out of hours.
This role will be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day running of the office, membership services,relationship management; administration duties including financial & HR controls; supplier liaision; providing PA duties to the Chief Executive & supporting the executive as required.
The role will support in all areas, including helping at events and providing support in the development as required. The ability to multi task, problem solve and the ability to lend your hand to anything is vital as well as having excellent communication skills, written, spoken & IT, as well as being able to work as part of a small team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day responsibility for the smooth running of the office - including liaising with key suppliers & managing contracts: landlords, IT, telecommunications, accountants etc.
- Purchasing of supplies, stationery, key equipment and managing postal /courier services
- Dealing & responding to all enquiries including members & general public. Logging and managing the call system
- Responsible for all office administration processes and systems including - HR (sickness, holidays, interviews, salaries), filing, monthly dash board, co-ordinating databases
- Co-ordinating the finance process , including purchase & sales invoice systems, raising PO's & invoices, credit control & petty cash
- PA duties to the CEO as required, including diary management, travel, producing daily information packs, presentations and co-ordinating and arranging executive meetings
- Producing & maintaining key contact list for the organization
- Supporting and helping on the development and delivery of events as required
- Carry out other duties as required to ensure the organisation continues to operate efficiently and professionally.
What we need:
- An exceptional individual who is extremely flexible, hard-working, good at problem solving and finding solutions; able to lend their hand to all areas of the business, good at prioritizing and time management and who enjoys a lively office.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role
- A degree is preferred - but applicants with excellent experience will be considered
- Excellent working ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, presentation packages
What else is there to know?
- This is a great opportunity to work in a small but busy environment, operating in a fast moving and changing sector
- This role will suit an individual who enjoys variety and has good experience of providing administration, office & PA support.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies. We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group. The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC). We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know. We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.