This varied and interesting vacancy which includes events administration, has arisen, within a local company who have seen considerable growth over the last couple of years, operating in a fast moving, and changing sector.
This role will suit an individual who enjoys variety and has good experience of providing
administration, office & PA support. Services covered within the organization include networking, newsletters, PR, research, and events. They are continually looking for new ways to add value to the business and to increase on revenue. The successful applicant will be working closely with the Director and the small friendly team across all areas. Supporting activities, including workshops and events. The position will involve travel to London for meetings and events as required, which is compulsory and does occasionally include out of hours.
You will be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day running of the office. Relationship management; administration duties including financial & HR controls; supplier liaison; providing PA duties.
This is a very varied role which touches on all areas of the business working as part of the team providing day to day business delivery. The role will support in all areas, including helping at events and providing support in the development as required. The ability to multi task, problem solve and the ability to lend your hand to anything is vital as well as having excellent communication skills, written, spoken & IT, as well as being able to work as part of a small team.
- Day to day responsibility for the smooth running of the office - including liaising with key suppliers & managing contracts: landlords, IT, telecommunications, accountants etc.
- Purchasing of supplies, stationery, key equipment and managing postal /courier services
- Dealing & responding to all enquiries including members & general public. Logging and managing the call system
- Co-ordinating enquiries & processing applications
- Responsible for all office administration processes and systems including - HR (sickness, holidays, interviews, salaries), filing, monthly dash board, co-ordinating databases
- Co-ordinating the finance process , including purchase & sales invoice systems, raising PO's & invoices, credit control & petty cash
- PA duties to the CEO as required, including diary management, travel, producing daily information packs, presentations and co-ordinating and arranging executive meetings.
- Producing & maintaining key contact list for the organization
- Supporting and helping on the development and delivery of events as required.
- Carry out other duties as required to ensure the organisation continues to operate efficiently and professionally.
- An exceptional individual who is extremely flexible, hard-working, good at problem solving and finding solutions; able to lend their hand to all areas of the business, good at prioritizing and time management and who enjoys a lively office.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role
- A degree is preferred - but applicants with 2 years + experience will be considered
- Fantastic communication skills both written and verbal - face to face & telephone
- Excellent working ability with Microsoft Office, Excel, presentation packages.
- Desire to learn and to be part of a small team growing a business and market sector
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.