Due to relocation of the current incumbent, there is an exciting opportunity to join our clients team as our Examinations Officer. The chief responsibilities of this role are to coordinate and manage all internal and public examinations and results within the school.
The post holder must have good administrative skills, computer literacy and be highly efficient and organised. They should have a clear commitment to safeguarding. They should be articulate and able to deal sensitively with a variety of situations with pupils, teachers, examination invigilators, parents and examination board representatives. The ability to be clear and assertive whilst remaining calm, composed, tactful and flexible is essential. Experience of SIMS or other student management systems would be an advantage.
Reporting to the principals, the post holder is required to:-
- Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries: GCSE/IGCSE/BTEC AS/A2 IB and University entrance examinations
- Ensure all examination papers are delivered securely to and from the school.
- Co-ordinate and train invigilators to ensure that examinations are well organised and run correctly..
- Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for examinations, including exam access arrangements in coordination with the SENCO.
- Ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations.
- Ensure that pupils are provided all relevant information about examinations..
- Ensure that all necessary stationery and materials and other requirements are provided for examinations.
- Initiate appropriate correspondence with and responding appropriately to correspondence from the various examination bodies the school
- Deal with issues relating to appeals, remarking and other administrative issues.
- Deal with enquiries from parents and students, including former students.
- Receive examination results and certificates and make arrangements for their issue.
- Complete the annual DfE table checking exercise
- Keep up to date with the necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies.
- Provide statistics to principals and PR in relation to public examinations.
- Liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure the timely provision of invoicing information throughout the year.
- Centre Manager role for ECDL examinations.
- BTEC - Lead Internal Verifier for this qualification..
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.