Expediting and Administration Assistant
|Job Title:||Expediting and Administration Assistant|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£13000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 25, 2021 07:18|
Position: Expediting and Office Administration Assistant
Salary: £13, 000 to £30,000 DOE
A privately owned International Trading company who specialise in the supply of Goods and services to Middle East, Africa and South America are on the market looking for an expediting professional who can support in the office with general administration where required.
They are currently seeking someone with expediting experience who also able to support with general adhoc duties, please find a brief overview of the main duties below:
- General office duties to ensure company processes run smoothly. Assists with direct duties and corresponds with clients, customers, and vendors
- Prepare shipping documents and schedule freight pick-ups as required
- Request freight quotes as necessary from established freight vendors
- Prepare products, spare parts, return parts, and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labelling
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner
- Verify receipt of purchased goods from suppliers, locate product, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases
- Answers customer questions and confirms customer orders
- Checking, packing and labelling customer's orders and arranging/undertaking delivery and load and unload freight trucks as necessary
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Ability to work well under pressure, as part of a team and also on own initiative with limited supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree education preferred but not essential and relative experience will be considered
- Unloading, packing, labelling and checking orders requires a good general level of fitness. Some of this work may be at remote warehouses. A good level of fitness is required
- Experienced with and fully capable of working, maintaining and updating computer files (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Accurate and fast typing skills are essential
- Full UK Driving licence would be beneficial
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Up to £18200 per annum
St Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex
IT Systems Administrator
Brighton, East Sussex
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Client Associate Team Leader
Uckfield, East Sussex
Up to £21000 per annum
Administrator - 12 Month Maternity Cover Contract