This is an exciting opportunity for an Export Freight Forwarding Co-Ordinator to join a leading shipping company based near Braintree.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with the terms
- Placing of bookings with respective Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct export documentation is received for the shipment(s) and forwarded to the Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent as necessary
- Ensure Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent have instructions for Bills of Lading, VGM and UCR references in a timely manner
- Check Draft Bill of Lading and ensure customer has receives a copy for approval
- Send approved Draft Bill of Lading to Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent
- Allocation of incoming payments on IT system
- Ensure bookings are invoiced correctly by Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate
- Work closely with internal departments such as Transport and Finance
- Ensure invoices have been paid before Bill of Lading/Cargo is released and dispatched
- Be an integral part of the development of the company's export operation and the general development of the firm
- High levels of communication
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Happy to work in a challenging and pressured environment
- Must have background experience working in a busy freight forwarding environment
- Willingness to learn
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships with both customers and suppliers
Education and qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.