Freight Forwarding Coordinator
|Job Title:||Freight Forwarding Coordinator|
|Salary:||£21000 - £24000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 15:37|
This is an exciting opportunity for an Export Freight Forwarding Coordinator to join a leading shipping company based near Braintree.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Management of worldwide export shipments by sea, road and air
- Placing bookings with respective Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent
- Ensuring all necessary documentation supplied is accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods
- Ensuring Shipping Line/Carrier/Agent have instructions for Bills of Lading, VGM and UCR references in a timely manner
- Tracking shipments
- Allocation of incoming payments on IT system
- Checking carrier invoices are correct and in line with the quotation
- Working closely with internal departments such as Sales, Transport and Finance
- Ensuring invoices have been paid before Bill of Lading/Cargo is released and dispatched
- Be an integral part of the development of the company's export operation and the general development of the firm
- Experience gained within a freight forwarding/logistics organisation, dealing with export shipments by sea, and with a knowledge of exports by road and air
- Working knowledge and understanding of export customs clearance
- Well organised, able to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with IT programmes (order management systems for booking/documentation/customs/transport)
- Strong customer focus
- Good team worker
- Good communicator
- Commercial awareness and flexible approach to daily tasks and workload
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's