Position: Export Sales (LCL)
Location: Maldon, Essex
Salary: £22,000 - £23000 pa
Our client is the largest NVOCC in the world with their own offices throughout the globe and are looking for
an Export Sales Clerk (exports LCL) to work within the Inside Sales Team.
- Some experience of working within the Freight Forwarding/Export/Logistics Industry and knowledge of deep sea ideally working for a forwarder/NVOCC
- Lots of drive and ambition
- Very good, friendly telephone manner and who likes talkin
- Sales experience
- Hunger to succeed!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Quoting clients on a spot rate basis for worldwide destinations, haggle on pricing, follow up rates within a 24 hour window and deal with our overseas offices
- Assisting clients with issues and queries, vessel information
- Passing bookings and details to the bookings team
- Liaising with the external sales team to provide sales leads for the team to follow up or any issues there may be so that the reps are well versed prior to any visits they make
- Proactive and reactive to all calls and emails coming in in order to try and fill containers and meeting daily targets
- Utilising data to maximise container space
- Pricing for export LCL
- Assisting both Manchester and Maldon teams where required
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.