|Job Title:||Extrusion Setter|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£26450 - £28750 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2019 02:13|
Plant / Equipment / Tooling:
- To deliver and maintain sufficient attitude, approach, skill and knowledge to enable you to set-up, bring into safe operation, problem solve, improve and provide safe shut-down of tooling and processing equipment associated with the Company's Extrusion operation and the manufacture/delivery of PVC product to stock and the Warehouse and Logistics functions of the business.
- Ensuring output is delivered to within the targeted cost, quality and time requirement, noting and reporting upon any variation to the target performance criteria or deviation from any expected operating parameters.
- To be able to process recycle materials utilised as part of normal production activity but also to operate equipment used for the development and production of recycled material through use of the Company's compounding process and associated equipment.
- To set-up and run all automated equipment associated to each production line or cell or task and is employed to process, assembly or pack output.
- To maintain to an accurate level required records and systems, enabling the monitoring and confirmation of equipment and process performance along with records detailing the volume of output and productivity.
Quality Management Systems:
- To complete with sufficient diligence and accuracy such monitoring, tests and checks as put in place to ensure output and performance is delivered within expected parameters and that such output meets any applied standards or specification requirement.
- To maintain such processing knowledge to enable accurate and efficient processing of the materials that may be utilised across the extrusion operation and the processes employed to deliver output.
Health & Safety:
- To maintain a high-level house-keeping across your work area ensuring a safe and healthy work environment, safety standards are adhered to across the work area and work is completed to within agreed safe practice and legislation.
- To work collaboratively with your Colleagues to achieve the attainment of any business aims and objectives.
- To undertake any activity as directed by the Line Management and within current skill range or training to support the introduction of new activities, attitudes, skills or knowledge and/or the demonstration of professional competence.
- At all times during employment to devote sufficient attention to the duties and activities required by this employment and to faithfully and diligently perform such duties and powers assigned to the job holder.
- At all times promote the interests of the Company and any Group Company and to undertake any tasks in support of Company business objectives.
- Experience within a PVC Extrusion / engineering environment - to include demonstrable knowledge of Twin Conical Screw Extrusion Machines, Packing-Automation and Ancillary Extrusion Shop Equipment.
- Demonstrable materials processing knowledge of PVC.
- Experience of setting, operating and troubleshooting a wide range of production tooling within an extrusion environment.
- Production Schedule Management Skills - the ability to work to plan and troubleshoot in delivering production objectives within agreed time scales and costs.
- Quality Management - to include process management and the ability to adhere to and improve agreed procedures.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's