Ideally, prospective candidates will have prior legal secretarial experience.
- To ensure the smooth flow of documents and correspondence in and out of the Department.
- To type legal documents either from hand-written notes or by transcribing digital dictation.
- To produce and amend Word documents including reformatting, applying firm house-styles, outline numbering and producing comparative versions of documents to show any changes.
- Scan and email correspondence and documents as required.
- Undertake file management including opening and closing files.
- Print / save and file all relevant documents (including emails) to the firms practice management system.
- Photocopying (including assisting with due diligence and disclosure bundles).
- Answer the telephone, routine calls and taking new enquiries and messages.
- Manage the Fee Earners diary, organising internal and external meetings.
- Any other reasonable duties assigned from time to time.
Specialist Skills Required:
Excellent IT skills in particular Word. Basic Powerpoint and Excel would also be
Personal Skills Required:
A well-organised, careful, conscientious approach.
Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time and priorities.
Clear speaking and writing.
Good grammar and grasp of the English language - spelling, punctuation and
Attention to detail
Enjoy contact with others, good social skills including tact, patience, understanding
Good standard of general education, especially English.
Numerate and literate
Word processing skills/qualification.
Legal secretarial experience or relevant training / qualification.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.