This is an exciting opportunity for an FCL Sales Executive to join a leading freight forwarding company in Basildon.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- React to quotations received promptly, providing a fast turnaround time (1 hour of receipt)
- Use the bespoke in house quotation system to provide quotes
- Negotiate rates with carriers and hauliers
- During quote preparation, compare contract rates in place from various carriers to ensure that all elements of the rates are included so that total costs are compared
- Follow up on quotes promoting how competitive the rates are
- Keep a log of client feedback and circulate to the sales team
- When a booking is received, based on the agreed quotation, enter all costs onto the system and pass to FCL operations team to process the booking
- Minimum of 3 years in an office based sales role
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Working to deadlines
- Attention to detail
Education and qualifications
- At least one year's experience within a freight forwarding company
£24,000- £30,000 depending on experience
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.