|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Location:||Uckfield, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£19000 - £21000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 10:08|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join a market leading company based in Uckfield, East Sussex.
In this positon you will a key member of the Finance Department and responsible for both the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions of the business.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Maintain supplier accounts within the Finance system
- Stamp, code, and input all purchase ledger invoices
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders and freelance timesheets
- Gain internal authorisation for all invoices and chase any outstanding ready for payment run
- Email out remittance advices after a payment run
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Deal with supplier queries and calls
- File paper and electronic supplier invoices
- Allocate all chargeable costs to client projects
- Reconcile bank statements to payments and maintain the reconciliation spreadsheet weekly
- Process and pay staff expense claims on a weekly basis
- Print daily invoices, monthly statements and ad hoc copy invoice requests
- Provide internal support for colleagues with finance-related issues
- Help support the set up of new staff on our finance system and provide training where necessary
- Previous experience working in a finance team
- Previous experience working with finance systems i.e. Sage etc.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to adapt to change
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's