Our Hastings-based client requires a qualified, experienced and committed Finance Officer. Working 30-35 hours per week, duties are as follows:
- To operate the SAGE accounts and payroll computer software systems, and to manage and develop the system to ensure company outcomes and controls are maintained to a high standard
- To complete Sales/Purchase Ledger, Bank reconciliation, Payroll and bookkeeping
- To develop and maintain sales reconciliation and debt collection processes
- To ensure accurate accounting functions are operational at all times, with the use of 'checks and balances' system
- To produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts using SAGE, including P&L and Balance Sheet management
- To complete cash banking transactions and prepare payments for authorised signatures.
- To prepare company cash-flow projections for the CEO
- To prepare online banking submissions and maintain online banking data
- To assist the CEO or their designated Deputy in effective liaison with the companies Auditors and Accountants, producing accurate data as necessary for the completion of annual accounts and statutory reporting
- To complete all general office duties and other designated tasks as required
- To portray and promote a positive image of the Company to clients and other organisations
- To meet all legal statutory obligations that pertains to the role and as an employee in both respect to yourself and others
- To comply with all company policy and procedures
- To be willing to participate in supervisions and annual appraisals
- To proactively approach personal objectives to ensure both personal and organisational growth
- To be willing to undertake training and personal development that meets both personal and organisational objectives
- To keep up-to-date with new developments within areas of responsibility
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.