Finance Technician - Investment
|Job Title:||Finance Technician - Investment|
|Salary:||£21500 - £26500 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 29, 2019 11:27|
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Finance Technician with Investment Accounting experience to join a market leading Insurance business based in Romford, Essex.
You will be responsible for the completion of accounting and reporting activities to support the delivery of Investment Services for the company's Insurance clients. These will include preparation of fund accounts, regulatory returns and management reporting.
- £21,500 - £26,500 (DOE)
- Monday - Friday, 37 hours a week (Or as the job requires)
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Preparation of the investment components of the Solvency 2 returns including completion of relevant Quantitative Reporting Templates
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly investment reports, in accordance with Clients SLA
- Liaise closely with Financial Reporting Team to manage deliveries and resolve queries
- Monthly Preparation of Investments TB's including review and investigation of any unusual balances
- Preparation and review of Investment Cash Reconciliations with resolution of any issues identified
- Preparation and review of Custody Reconciliations with resolution of any issues identified
- Liaison with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit management
- Management of investment queries from clients and internal stakeholder
- Liaison with Investment Managers and Custodians to resolve queries
- Review and control of Investment Income
- Ensure effective completion of all core controls
- Support client-initiated change control and project requirements
- Support internal change projects
- Cover other administration tasks within the Investment Team as required.
- A-level mathematics or GCSE grade C or above
- In the process of studying for a recognised accounting qualification
- Ideally you will be an experienced Finance/ Data Analyst within an Investment company with 3-5 years' experience.
- Previous experience within the financial services sector
- Working with the ICON Investment System
- Working with the SAP General Ledger
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's