|Job Title:||Financial Advisor|
|Location:||Hove, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£25000 - £45000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2020 09:04|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Financial Advisor for our client based in Hove. Working for this leading UK financial institution, the successful candidate will provide clients with advice on financial matters and make recommendations on how best to achieve their objectives.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Contacting clients and setting up meetings, within office environments or in clients' homes or business premises
- Conducting in-depth reviews of clients' financial circumstances, current provision and future aims
- Analysing information and preparing plans best suited to individual and corporate clients' requirements
- Completing risk analyses
- Researching the marketplace and providing clients with information on new and existing products and services
- Designing financial strategies
- Assisting clients to make informed decisions
- Researching information from various sources including providers of financial products
- Reviewing and responding to clients' changing needs and financial circumstances
- Negotiating with product suppliers for the best possible rates
- Liaising with financial services providers and other professionals
- Keeping up to date with financial products and legislation
- Producing financial reports
- Contacting clients with news of new financial products or changes to legislation that may affect their savings and investments
- Attending networking events
- Developing professional connections
- Maintaining and updating individual continued professional development plans monthly, to be reviewed periodically by the Compliance Officer
- Maintaining compliance with the FCA rules and principles for Approved Persons and Code of Practice
- Meeting the regulatory aspects of the role, e.g. requirements for disclosure, cost of the services provided, and the advised products
- Acting ethically, impartially, and always in the best interests of clients.
- Following the internal IEP processes and procedures
- Ensuring IEP meet the expectations of the FCA with regards to treating customers fairly
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Diploma Level 4 in Financial Planning (or equivalent)
- High levels of numeracy
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- IT literate
- Ability to advise on the full range of products
Benefits Package: 23 days holiday + bank holidays; free eye tests and flu jabs; 3% matched pension; death in service 3x annual salary
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's