|Job Title:||Financial Assistant|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £21500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 17:04|
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant to join an established Finance Company based in Eastbourne.
You would be conducting day to day financial transactions of the company, ensuring compliance, deadlines and audit procedures are completed in an efficient manor. This position is very much hands on so would suit a Finance Assistant with experience across all areas.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Charging internal costs to appropriate work tickets.
- Setting invoice charges for routine work in line with agreed scales.
- Sales Ledger Invoicing - including reconciliation of all sales ledger accounts.
- Credit Control - chasing payments as required and dealing with domestic and overseas customers in resolving issues.
- Payments - management of purchase ledger and regular payment runs.
- Banking and appropriate bank reconciliations.
- Payroll - processing of monthly payroll, Tax & NI and associated year end tax returns.
- Monthly expenses - auditing and processing expenses.
- Month end journals as required.
- Administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Customer Reports - purchase/invoice reports as required for key customers.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries promptly.
- Purchase Ledger processing.
- Assist external auditors at year end audit.
- Any other duties that are deemed to be appropriate to this role and the Company
- To support and ensure that the team complies with all necessary internal standards including BSEN ISO 9001:2008, Quality Management Systems, BS 10500:2011, Anti-Bribery Management, and other relevant accreditations/external standards required for audit.
- To assist the Finance Director directly with any tasks delegated e.g. VAT returns, reconciliations, Stock Reporting and Pensions administration.
- Excellent communication skills
Education and qualifications
- AAT Qualification
- Experience with Payroll processing, and salary reconciliations
- Experience of developing effective processes within a finance unit and understanding of data privacy standards
- Experience of all the core finance activities - Sales Ledger / Purchase Ledger / Banking (essential)
- Good standard of Excel/Word Skills (essential)
- Experience of Sage Accounting and Payroll Software
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's