The Financial Controller directs the accounting and control functions, reporting the results of operations and provides chronological systems. The Controller is accountable to the CEO and collates and presents all financial data.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements accounting policies, coordinates systems and procedures, and prepares operating data and special reports as required, including interim and year-end financial statements. Maintains the organisations system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Establishes, coordinates and administers, as an integral part of management, an adequate ongoing plan for the control of operations including, profit planning, programs for capital investing and financing, sales forecasts, expense budgets and cost standards, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- In conjunction with the CEO, coordinates, reviews, and endorses budget proposals, discusses proposed and significant changes.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards, and reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Provides for the control and editing of all orders, to insure conformity to established policies and procedures, and to facilitate data control and retrieval of records generated by these orders.
- Establishes and administers tax policies and procedures.
- Preparation of reports and figures for government agencies and funders as required and attendance at meetings to discuss figures as required by CEO.
- Provides other managers and departments with information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing and assuring proper insurance coverage.
- Assists Marketing in establishing and maintaining pricing policies.
- Serves as a liaison between the organisation and legal counsel or outside accountant support.
- Provides advice on all matters to the CEO.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing internal control mechanisms; performing audit functions on payroll, and billing; assist in developing new or refining existing accounting and cash management policies and procedures; assist in streamlining current business processes to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
An experienced financial controller, who is a self starter and a quick learner, preferably with experience in grant funding / fundraising management procedures, and capable of working in a small hardworking team
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.