To layout, cut, fit and tack various assemblies using the Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) process. Verify that fabrications meet required drawing tolerances and complete inprocess:
- Fitting needs to be Candidates main skill
- Inspection reports.
- Additional components will include half and full nipples, all sizes of tee's, gas fittings and adapters.
- The post holder will be required to support all other functions within the manufacturing operation.
Key Job Elements:
- Fitting needs to be any candidates main skill.
- Ability to layout, position, and secure parts and assemblies to meet drawing requirements, using straight edges, squares, angle plates, blocks, clamps and pointers
- Fit and tack tubes and fittings for vacuum chambers in various positions
- Reads and understands technical prints
- Understands and works to technical prints including weld symbols
- Thorough understanding of measuring tools such as calipers, rules, feeler gauges, and pi tapes
- Entering time through shop floor control
- Multi-task within a Manufacturing Cell
- At all times promote and maintain a Safe and Clean Work environment
- Flexible Approach to work extended hours and/or weekends at peak levels
- Other Duties as assigned
- GCSE's or Equivalent
- Solid understanding of mathematics, and the ability to read mechanical drawings
- Proven experience of assembling Vacuum Chambers or related Components.
- Supervisor Experience
- Fork Lift License
- Lean Manufacturing
- First Aid Training
- Manual Handling
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.