You will support the Team's fee-earners by providing competent, efficient and proactive legal secretarial and administration support, for both planned and unplanned shortfalls in secretarial staffing, covering staff absences, therefore the duties are varied and interesting.
- To support fee-earners in the management of the secretarial and administrative workload, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met
- Accurate and timely preparation of correspondence from digital dictation and word processing
- Proactively work with fee-earners to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet clients' expectations and the needs of the business, and make recommendations on improving work practices as necessary
- Ensure all documents and records are maintained in accordance with security and data protection rules
- Respond to internal and external client needs in a timely, professional, helpful and courteous manner
- Plan and prioritise your work effectively with minimum supervision and ensure that your colleagues are updated on your progress
- Ensure that the firm's post is distributed internally and sent out on time
- Provide Reception cover as required for breaks and absences
- Recent experience of working in a legal office environment
- Excellent word-processing and digital dictation skills
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents and data
- Ability to manage a workload with competing deadlines
- Recent practical experience of using word processing packages (preferably Microsoft Word)
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both by telephone and face-to-face
- Strong written and verbal communication
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.