Furniture Product Designer
|Job Title:||Furniture Product Designer|
|Location:||Peacehaven, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2020 09:10|
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative Furniture Product Designer to join a leading furniture manufacturer based near Peacehaven.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Working on a range of products for global clients delivering everything from concept, through all developmental phases, to final product
- Designing products using SolidWorks, AutoCAD and KeyShot from client specifications
- Producing drawings from models
- Liaising with clients to co-ordinate design and installation
- Producing costings from models
- Producing manufacturing data
- Thoroughly checking all work at every stage
- Proven industry experience in product design from concept to completed product
- Experience in furniture design
- Good manufacturing and material knowledge
- Proficient in SolidWorks (modelling, assemblies, parts, drawings), AutoCAD, KeyShot, and Microsoft Office packages
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and as an individual
- Competitive salary DOE plus excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory company pension scheme, life assurance, and free parking
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 5.30pm
To apply for this role, you will need to produce a portfolio including drawings, concept, right through to the 3D modelling process to include the whole lifeline including model making.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's