This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Furniture Product Designer to join a market leading Design company based in Peacehaven.
You will form an integral part of the design team working on a range of projects for global clients, delivering everything from initial concept, product proposals, development through to completed design.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Develop and propose design concepts
- Researching market trends
- Planning and managing design tasks and documenting process
- Create design proposals, visuals and presentations
- Product development and prototyping
- Obtaining costings and producing estimates
- Generate 3D CAD models, detail drawings and specification documentation
- Proven industry experience in product design
- Furniture background
- Ability to generate and communicate ideas from sketch work through to development
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Proactive, motivated, creative and innovative
- Degree level qualification
- Ability to work alone or part of a team
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, KeyShot and Microsoft Office packages
- Portfolio showing all levels of the design process
- Ability to tackle multiple projects at any one time
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.