This is a great opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join a market leading Manufacturing company based in West London.
In this role you will be managing the full production, logistics and estimation functions of the business whilst supporting the company's continued growth and plans for expansion.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Communicate effectively with key clients in a wide range of industries - from architects and interior designers to home owners and contractors
- Review clients' enquiries to determine and interpret their requirements from architects' drawings, construction packages, sketches, and written and verbal descriptions; establish what is important and provide them with practical solutions that fulfil requirements
- Consider all details, materials, components, processes, labour and timescales involved in each project
- Obtain, calculate and compile costs and send accurate quotations on time before following them up to convert into sales
- Plan projects with precision to ensure products are made accurately and on time, whilst maximising profit for the company
- Co-ordinate office/admin staff, workshop staff, subcontractors and occasionally site inspectors and fitters around the estimating and production schedules to ensure estimation, sales and production run smoothly from start to finish
- Manage the production of multiple projects concurrently including small orders placed online and larger bespoke projects for public buildings
- Motivate and monitor staff to ensure strict deadlines are met and productivity remains at the highest level
- Analyse the effectiveness of production methods and ordering processes to define and implement improvements ensuring production is effective as possible
- Maintain high production and quality control standards
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Liaise with the director and other offsite administrations staff on updates to policy and processes, requests for information, the implementation of new systems and software, the introduction of new products and other efficiency and growth-related projects
- Experience in manufacturing and production
- Experience in a management / supervisory capacity
- Experience with various manufacturing operations, stock management, and logistics
- Proven track record of managing and training employees in productivity and safety
- Strong personality with effective communication, organisational, influencing and people-management skills
- Strong business/commercial acumen
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.