Head of Finance (Part-time)
|Job Title:||Head of Finance (Part-time)|
|Location:||St Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £50000 per annum + pro rata|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2021 09:29|
Position: Head of Finance - Part Time
Location: St Leonards
Salary: £50,000 pro rata (22.5 hours per week)
We are recruiting for a Head of Finance to join a charitable organisation based in St Leonards. This is a permanent part time role, working 22.5 hours per week with flexibility on when these hours are completed.
- This is a new and exciting role to join this business, the Head of Finance (HoF) will report to the CEO and be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the financial and specified business activities of the Charity.
- You will be expected to take on executive functions and provide operational line management to the finance team. Working closely with the finance team, the HoF will be accountable for all aspects of financial accounting and transactional finance for the Charity, ensuring all systems are updated and reporting is timely and in line with all annual financial returns.
- The HoF will be based in the Head Office with the finance staff in St Leonards, but will be required to travel to other sites currently in Lewes and Croydon occasionally.
- This is a hands-on role working with the Executive team to develop and maintain a five-year business plan and associated budgets to meet the Boards strategic objectives for development and sustainability in operational and educational areas.
- You will be expected to develop new standard operating procedures, policies and protocols where needed for an organisation that has grown organically and intends to grow further, handling all aspects of finance recruitment.
- Working alongside our CEO and Deputy CEO, you will be commercially focused and provide clear financial and commercial direction for the Charity. You will be tasked with keeping ahead of all funding and legislative changes that apply to the charity and housing sector and required to advise the Board of strategic financial information to enable them to make informed financial decisions.
- To support the CEO in all aspects of Company Secretarial obligations, in particular acting in similar capacity for the Chair of the Audit, Risk & Finance Committee (ARFC)
Accountancy Qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's