To lead the Clients Retail business, providing excellent management and support to the Retail Team to maximise income generated through the development and good management of our shops and associated Retail activities, whilst maintaining its reputation in the community. To give a clear strategic direction, maximising retail income from all sources to achieve set targets, increasing the profile whilst having overall responsibility for all staff and volunteers in the Retail team
- To provide inspirational and effective leadership to the Retail teams, driving continuous improvement in line with strategic priorities and acting as a role model for quality promoting and demonstrating the standards and behaviours expected.
- In conjunction with the Director of Income Generation, develop and implement a robust, effective strategy to increase sales, maximise profit, control expenditure and deliver excellent customer service whilst ensuring the reputation of the client is enhanced
- Provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence which inspires, motivates and empowers the team to engage in continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Provide effective and supportive line management to direct reports, addressing issues of concern in a timely manner whilst demonstrating and influencing good management practices.
- To work in collaboration with the Facilities Manager to ensure that all Retail properties are safe, secure and compliant with all relevant health and safety regulations.
- To maintain over-sight of all Shop leases, ensuring good working relationships with all retail landlords.
- To provide strategic direction to the E-Commerce team, exploring new opportunities for online sales whilst maximising current systems
- To take responsibility for effective, compliant and legal data management throughout the Retail Company, acting as an authority within the team
- Participate in the creation and implementation of both strategic and operational service developments for the Retail Company by collaborating with other departments/leaders
- To work in collaboration with the Health and Safety Officer to ensure all areas of the Retail Company are compliant with Health and Safety legislation and any issues are reported as necessary In liaison with Marketing, to ensure retail initiatives receive good exposure in local media and online
- Be an effective agent of change by responding to, introducing and managing change effectively.
- Establish good working relationships with external partners to share best practice and work collaboratively
- To ensure the retail operations are compliant with the Code of Retailing
- To manage and curate an on-call programme for retail premises providing advice and support to other staff
- To act as a responsible individual in relation to Health and Safety and be aware of the responsibilities of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for visitors and staff.
- To undertake flexible hours as and when the need arises.
- To hold DBS and Occupational Health clearances appropriate to the role.
- Graduate degree or equivalent or Business diploma or equivalent
- Significant experience in Retail Management
- Demonstrable experience of increasing sales, income and Financial awareness
- Experience of budget setting and management and Commercially astute
- Experience of managing multiple retail sites
- High standards of demonstrable numeracy and literacy skills and think analytically and strategically
- Strong, demonstrable people management skills
- Computer literate - Including Microsoft Word and Excel to an advanced level
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety legislation
- Experience of managing leasehold properties
Personal Qualities and other requirements:
- Excellent Communicator - both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the local communities of Hastings and Rother
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Able to cope with several projects/ tasks running concurrently
- Able to deal with changing priorities & deadlines
- Able to cope with sensitive and sometimes distressing conversations or situations
Full driving licence required
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.