|Job Title:||HGV Fitter|
|Location:||Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Salary:||£28000 - £34000 per annum + (+ overtime)|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 09, 2021 10:05|
Position: HGV Fitter
Location: Pontyclun, South Wales
Salary: £28,000 -£34,000 (+ overtime)
A Group of Companies based in South Wales who provide a One Stop shop to the Civils and Construction Sector are on the market seeking a HGV fitter to be based in their workshop South Wales to join their team. They have a proven track record across all of their divisions proving very successful and working with a range of Industry Leading Contractors.
They are looking for an HGV Fitter to work from their workshop in South Wales travelling out to sites working on their HGV's where required, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test the Fleet of HGV
- Prepare, present all HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.