Job Title: House Parent
Location: Near Hastings
Accommodation is provided, but this is only suitable for a single person
Our Client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic person to join their Boarding team as a House parent.
The hours must be flexible and can be long. However, the school holidays are your opportunity for a break away from the campus. As a member of House Staff you will have exciting opportunities to travel the globe as you accompany students on International Trips during Half Term vacations. Through this you will be facilitating the chance for students to explore new cultures and create gain memorable experiences as valued and trusted guide.
As a member of the House staff you are expected to throw yourself into the job be it organising an activity or a trip- the more YOU put into the journey the more you get out of it.
- Provide safe supervision of boarders in the post holder's care at all times
- Both as part of a team, but also individually, organise and lead social activities for the boarders in the evenings and at the weekends in accordance with the various school policies.
- Assist the Games department with sports lessons according to a duty rotas
- Be aware of, adhere to and implement all school policies including the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and the Risk Assessment Policy
- Create and maintain a safe environment for all, which is conducive both to boarders' academic study specifically and to their personal development generally.
- Work alongside and communicate with other members of staff such other boarding staff, nurses, teachers and non-academic staff (e.g. domestic and catering staff) to maintain the safety and welfare of all students (including with external persons and agencies when necessary).
- Attend weekly meetings including meetings with the Safeguarding team and Senior Management team.
- Stay up to date with boarding issues nationally, via INSET and by being familiar with, and responding appropriately to, key requirements and publications (such at the National Minimum Standards for Boarding schools)
- Be responsible for reporting any Health and Safety concerns within the boarding house or evening and weekend activities.
- Be prepared to act in emergencies, even when not 'on duty'.
- Be a point of contact for parents and communicate any issues that a child may have with parents
- Help to maintain complete and up-to-date files on boarders and ensuring that all relevant information is passed promptly, and all relevant documents copied systematically, to those who need to know ensuring the boarders are engaged in the appropriate activity at the appropriate time.
- Ensure that all students have completed an induction process and that the daily routine is understood and adhered to.
- Ensure that all required boarding administration is completed according to the school's procedures.
- House Staff are subject to Bi-Termly reviews
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.