|Job Title:||Housing Officer|
|Salary:||Up to £13.85 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 01:54|
Working over three locations, Brighton, Hastings and Eastbourne you will provide a comprehensive housing management service for a patch of properties, ensuring a professional, high quality, customer focused service is provided at all times
The main duties of the role are:
- Provide an excellent personal service to tenants in a patch of properties. This includes regularly visiting tenants in their homes and having overall responsibility for ensuring that any issues raised are resolved appropriately
- Ensure tenants understand and comply with the terms of their tenancy agreement, so they can sustain a successful tenancy for themselves
- Proactively manage anti-social behaviour cases and nuisance issues to a successful conclusion for tenants, liaising with external services where necessary.
- Use your knowledge of welfare reform to advise tenants on how they may be affected and how they maintain their rental payments, signposting to external services where necessary
- Effectively manage all aspects of the voids and lettings process to ensure performance standards are met. This includes advertising voids, assessing new applicants and arranging void works
- Work with the Income Recovery Officer to maintain rent arrear targets on your patch
- Ensuring communal areas and estates are clean, safe and well maintained by liaising with external contractors, Heath & Safety Managers and raising repairs as required
- Manage a variety of tenancy matters across a variety of tenure types. This will include (but is not limited to) serving Notices and attending court hearings, mutual exchanges, succession, tenant improvements, transfer requests
- Facilitate and create effective joint working with internal and external organisations across all levels. Your commitment and enthusiasm will enable you to build on and make new relationships locally that will assist tenants. Attend liaison or multi-agency meetings where appropriate.
- Promote and encourage tenant involvement, initiating opportunities and gaining tenant feedback
- Provide cover for colleagues during annual leave and sickness as appropriate
- To use Omniledger Housing Management system, Outlook and other IT tools effectively in your role
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a Housing and tenancy management
- An awareness of Welfare Benefits, particularly Housing Benefits.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, in particular the challenges of benefit reforms
- Understanding of common building defects and their solutions.
- Experience of working in a customer service led environment
- Up to date knowledge of housing law, tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities and
- legal requirements relating to property repairs and management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- DBS checked and full driving licence and access to a vehicle
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Officer to join an well established company covering Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings. The role is a temporary contract until May 2019 , The successful candidate will enjoy a 37 hour working week, with an hour for lunch. They will be paid a competitive hourly rate of £13.85 per hour PAYE (£26,647 equivalent).
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's