Full time, temporary Contract (up to 12 months' maternity cover)
The main purpose of the role will be to provide professional support, advice and guidance in relation to complex employee relations cases and other HR matters. You will also be responsible for the line management and coaching of the HR Advisors, HR Assistant and HR Administrator, ensuring an effective day-to-day service of HR operations
- Responsible for all the line management / pastoral duties for the HR Advisors, HR Assistant and HR Administrator, ensuring accurate and consistent advice is given at all times
- Lead and support in the management and delivery of day-to-day HR operations. including advisory, recruitment & HR administration
- Develop, review and implement human resource policies and practices so that the trust meets all strategic, legal and best practice objectives.
- To provide professional and effective, day to day advice to all internal clients on every aspect of Human Resource Management including but not restricted to: Recruitment, selection, induction and probation of all new employees
- To be responsible for the line management duties for the HR Advisors, HR Assistant & HR Administrator, ensuring accurate and consistent advice is given at all times
- To provide coaching and support to the HR Advisors in order for them to foster and build relationships with the academy principals and senior managers through regular business partnering discussions and to ensure they become the first point of contact for any Employee Relations queries
- To lead and manage ad hoc project work within the team when required; delegating and organising project responsibilities and ensuring oversight throughout the timeline to ensure deadlines are met
- To work closely with Principals, Executive Team and line managers on performance improvement issues including absence management, capability, conduct and probationary reviews.
- To build strong robust working relationships with senior managers and provide expert, customer focussed support from the HR team to all internal clients
- To establish and maintain HR and management information and record keeping, and provide periodic data reports as required
- To manage regional trade union relationships and playing a role in the negotiating and consulting of local issues where required
- Ensure local JCC's are conducted in line with the TU recognition agreement and feedback is shared with the HR Director.
- To work closely with the Payroll & HR Systems Manager to support the HR Director in the implementation and delivery of key HR strategic priorities across the trust
- To undertake all aspects of HR administration & Payroll including the production and processing of paperwork, in accordance with requirements under the Data Protection Act
- To support the HR Director in reviewing and implementing all Trust HR Policies and Procedures so that they are relevant, effective, up to date and comply with all relevant legislation
- To lead in organisational development and change management projects, working closely with Principals and Executive Team to ensure minimal risk to the Trusts
- Assist the HR Director with project work as required.
- To carry out all activities in line with the Academy's policies for Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunities
- To participate in professional development activities and performance management activities as required
This post is subject to:
- A one year probationary period
- An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) - applicants must be prepared to disclose all criminal convictions and cautions including those that would otherwise be spent under the Act.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience in a generalist HR role, including detailed knowledge of employment law, HR policies, practices and procedures (desirable criteria - university degree or equivalent)
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise with meticulous attention to detail (desirable criteria - understanding of the educational environment)
- Ability to manage time effectively, to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to procure contract services, evaluate performance and negotiate solutions with supplier
- Excellent ICT skills with the capacity to learn to use new systems and software
- Ability to form good working relationships both within the Academy and with external bodies and suppliers
- Ability to be discreet, discerning and maintain confidentiality; awareness of data protection issues
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR policy and practices in an educational environment
- Working knowledge of HR software systems (desirable criteria)
- Knowledge of payroll and pensions within a public sector business (desirable criteria)
- Sound knowledge of basic contract law
- Current knowledge of equality legislation
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows and Office Suite including MS Excel
- Experience of working in a HR role in a complex unionised environment with varying types of employment disciplines
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group. The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.