Our client located in Basildon is a leading LCL and FCL consolidator shipping freight worldwide are recruiting for an Import Operations Clerk.
- Manage import process from start to finish
- Receive bookings from clients and issue booking confirmation
- Arrange haulage with warehouses
- Liaise with warehouses to book container loading
- Issue manifest to warehouses
- Create customs entries and associate to master
- Submit AMS entries and check accuracy after submission
- Issue Bill of Lading Instructions to carriers prior to documentation cut
- Check Bill of Lading correct when received from carrier and highlight any errors
- Send pre-alerts to overseas agents within 48 hours of sailing
- Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs within the correct accounting month
- Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt. Pass all correct invoices for payment and dispute anything that is not as agreed.
- Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented in writing, keeping Import Manger in copy of all correspondence
- Access invoice queries daily, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
- Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
- Answer telephone in a timely manner
- At least 2 years' experience working for an LCL/FCL consolidator in an Import role
This is a Full-Time permanent role; the hours of work are 9:00 - 5:15 Monday to Friday and the holiday allowance is 20 days plus bank holidays.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.