You will be pro-actively seeking out, generating and securing sales opportunities through following up on leads. This is a selling role from the office and the job holder will be expected to win significant orders.
- Using lead generation information to call Contractors, sub-contractors and Wholesalers.
- Produce quotations at pre-authorised / agreed pricing levels
- Pro-actively progress this through the full route to market building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with Contractors and Wholesalers.
- Co-ordinate internal activity to make sure that any supporting material, visits, samples and general actions are completed to ensure success in securing projects quoted for.
- Work closely with the external sales team to identify, follow up and secure new business.
- Support Customer Services on dealing with general customer related enquiries.
- Deliver in-house training for other staff in the requirements of this job role.
- Put in place processes and systems to support internal sales activities to deliver required targets
- To work collaboratively with your Colleagues to achieve the attainment of any business aims and objectives.
- Previous and proven experience in tele-sales or similar role ideally in the Electrical / Manufacturing or Construction industry
- Experience in generating or preparing quotations ideally with some experience of working from technical drawings to do "take offs"
- IT literate - able to generate accurate and appropriate documentation presented in a professional format
- Experienced in commercial negotiation to be able to accurately and competently price quotations and whilst operating within guidelines on price levels have the experience and knowledge to make good judgements on required pricing levels to successfully secure the project and meet company margin requirements.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.