To maintain and develop a profitable business within a designated sales area. Assist in the successful development of key accounts within the area. Through a flexible working approach, whilst working to company procedures, maintain customer satisfaction / retention by showing the ability to "go the extra mile" to enhance customer service. This role is a proactive internal sales position therefore the requirement to work on your own initiative and as part of a sales team is essential.
- Promote company standard products / services and their benefits to the customer via the company catalogue and website
- Develop regular contact and relationships both verbally and electronically with customers
- Respond promptly to customer requests whilst adhering to company procedures, this will include but will not be limited to:
- Quotations / acknowledgements and requests for information
- Processing of sales orders
- Providing a technical resource
- Enquiry / quotation follow ups
- Telephone calls both incoming and outgoing
- To maintain accurate records and information on customer accounts.
- Daily communication with Sales Management. In addition, act in accordance to their reasonable requests within an agreed timescale
- To actively identify areas of new business and potential customers within the Area
- To be fully conversant with products within the company catalogue and keep up to date with new technology developments. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with the marketing department and use as a resource to grow thebusiness
- Preparation of tender documents, as required
- To liaise closely with colleagues and recognise opportunities to "cross pollinate" sales initiatives and strategies.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Good communication skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 x GCSE
- Job related qualification and experience
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience
- MRP/ERP system experience
- Computer literacy:
o Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.