My client is a global leading distribution company who require an experienced Internal Sales / Business Development person to join their successful sales team based in Eastbourne.
This is a new position which has been created to support the company's continued growth as we enter 2019/2020.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Discussing clients' product requirements using open questions and advising which products would suit their application
- Preparing and sending quotations by email and post
- Where necessary, arranging meetings for the External Sales Team to assist with meeting the clients' expectations and achieving a sales order
- Following up quotations within a given time schedule and, wherever possible, converting the enquiry to an order
- Understanding as clearly as possible the reasons for a client's purchase, or non-purchase, and recording this on the database
- Concentrating on the company's USPs on product range, stock availability, and fast delivery
- Key account management with current and previous clients, checking when another requirement may arise
- Developing further prospective clients through cross selling between sites and asking for referrals, and through warm calling from the client and prospect database
- Meeting sales targets
- Representing the company at all times in a professional manner
- Handling new enquiries by phone and email
- Recording all enquiries on ACT database and updating the status throughout the sales process
- A confident and clear phone manner is essential for this position
- Previous sales experience in a fast paced office environment
- A target driven attitude, eagerness to succeed, and a positive mind-set
- The ability to work well within a team and individually
- Knowledge of MS Office packages is desirable (Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM databases)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.