This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join a leading educational institution on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will lead a project to replace the current IT Service Management toolset, ensuring that the IT team have a single tool to support the full range of IT processes. Alongside this you will also lead the coordination of IT services to support student recruitment.
Working as part of a team in Information Services, you will work closely with stakeholders in the department and across multiple sites to understand their requirements and constraints. You will deliver the IT Service Management project from requirements through procurement and on to implementation
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Follow the agreed project management process and methodology, ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure that project, change control and risk management processes are adhered to
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, senior managers, service managers, academic, and administrative staff to understand the business needs of the organisation
- Develop project scope and objectives, and prepare business cases involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage the procurement processes for specific projects working in liaison with the Procurement team and other stakeholders
- Produce regular reports and feedback to appropriate project boards and stakeholders
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Substantial experience of managing complex IT projects, preferably within a education environment
- PRINCE2 Practitioner (or equivalent)
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and communication skills with a proven record of delivery and a commitment to achieving a high-quality service
- Experience of formal procurement procedures
- The ability to negotiate and collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders and external partners
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.