The vacancy has arisen for IT support to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of IT functionality throughout the company including the support of a number of external remote users. In addition, the role includes the provisioning and hands-on installation of new equipment.
- Solving day-to-day IT and communications problems with equipment, and user application support.
- Strong support for external remote users for hardware and software issues.
- Provisioning of new PCs.
- Provisioning of printers, scanners, etc.
- Provisioning of mobile phones and liaison with service provider.
- Management of video conferencing equipment and provisioning of phones.
- Hands-on installation and maintenance of server room hardware
- Liaise with telecoms and providers.
- Where required, work with and coordinate the contract performance of external IT support.
- Review and maintain IT related work instructions and processes.
- Provide occasional training for users on IT soft/hardware including communications applications such as Skype for Business.
- Provide a monthly IT report and additional statistical information when requested by management.
- From time to time out of hours work may be required.
- Prioritisation of workload even in high pressure situations.
- Co-ordinate the use of meeting/training facilities through Outlook.
- Administer contracts and invoices, lease/maintenance agreements for IT equipment and copiers and faxes.
- Maintain the company pool cars and coordinate their use.
- Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent.
- Demonstrable advanced computer literacy.
- Good and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Operating System, Office and Networks.
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience.
- MRP/ERP system experience.
- A basic understanding of networking equipment would be an advantage but not essential.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.