IT Support Technician (1st Line)
|Job Title:||IT Support Technician (1st Line)|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 05, 2019 07:13|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior IT Support Technician to join a market leading Manufacturing organisation based in Eastbourne.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 08:30 - 5:00pm
You will be responsible for providing 1st Line support to internal customers, resolving hardware and software on a timely basis. Ensuring availability of IT/IS systems to support the business and that all software and hardware is in line with local and corporate information systems roadmap.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Ensure adequate capacity of IT resources to fulfil the business growth demands, such as servers, storage, and backups
- Ensure adequate availability of IT services during business hours, such as LAN / WAN / application uptime and performance
- Ensure adequate IT continuity. Implement DR Systems and test to ensure full recovery of IS services in the event of any type of disaster
- Test, evaluate, and implement new technology to improve the business
- System training - Create user and system documentation. Conduct formal training when required
- Provide ITIL Service Support - Service requests, Incidents, problems, and change management
- Meet the Service desk KPI performance target
- Secondary contact for Out of hours support for CU (Machine Shop) & SU (Assembly Department) when necessary
- Adhere to the corporate and local information systems policies
- All critical hardware and software is adequately supported internally or externally
- Manage system access levels in accordance with the local and corporate information systems policy
- 1+ years' experience in Desktop Support or similar role
- Experience providing 1st line support of bespoke systems
- 5 A-C GCSE Grades
- Clear communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows 10, Networking LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Server, VMware, Veeam Backup
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's