IT Support Technician - 1st/2nd Line
|Job Title:||IT Support Technician - 1st/2nd Line|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£22000 - £27000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 09:39|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior/ Graduate IT Support Technician to join an established organisation in Eastbourne.
Working as part of a small team, under the direction of the IT Systems Manager you will be responsible for providing high quality IT support to all staff members based in the UK and overseas.
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Service Desk ticket management - act as a main point within the team for logging and managing incidents (service desk)
- Technical support for Lenovo desktop and laptop systems with MS Windows & MS Office
- Knowledge of IBM Domino and Notes preferred
- Install and setup new desktop and laptop computer systems to defined guides and standards
- IT /phone systems installation, provision and support
- Maintaining IT documentation
- Assist the IT department with all tasks as required
- Travel to EU sites will be required
- Practical knowledge of Windows 7, 8 or 10 (additional training provided)
- Some experience of MS Window Server 2008/2012 would be preferred
- Practical knowledge/experience of MS Office 2013/2016 applications
- Practical knowledge of standard computer hardware
- Some knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Knowledge Office 365
- 2 to 3 years' experience working in a similar role
- A qualification in an IT related subject
- Strong communication skills at all levels, verbal and written
- Great customer service manner
- Ability to logically fault find and analyse problems
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Good administration, organisational and time management skills
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Good IT skills and ability to progress with training
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to use own initiative
- Self-motivation and desire to succeed in a busy environment
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's