This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Technical Services Manager to join leading educational institution in Brighton.
You will be responsible for providing specialist technical expertise, advice and leadership across the institution in the provision of IT, Media and Audio-Visual services and support. The role is a senior post within the IT Services division of Information Services, responsible for the development and maintenance of an integrated, consistent and high-quality service delivery strategy across the whole institution.
Line management responsibility for:
- Site Technical Services Managers
- Service Desk Manager
- Technical Services Coordinator
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To be responsible for the management of site-based Technical Services Delivery teams, ensuring a consistent IT support service across multiple sites
- To be responsible for the planning, development and management of major IT Services operations; specifically, the provision of IT, Media and Audio-Visual support services, at all locations
- To develop and publish Service Level Agreements (SLA) and to ensure professional and quality standards are maintained and applied by Technical Service Support Teams across all sites and services
- To use process-driven structured project management techniques, such as those found in PRINCE2 to manage, control and organize significant service developments, which provide step-change improvements
- To be the acknowledged specialist and point of reference for all aspects of desktop IT, Media and Audio-Visual service support within the business
- To be responsible for the operation of the IT Service Desk, ensuring effective processes are in place for incident management, access management and request fulfilment. Ensuring that operational reporting is in place to meet the needs of IS and customers
- To contribute to the overall management of the section division and of the Information Services department as a whole
- Experience of IT service management at a senior level in IT, preferably within higher education
- Experience of specialist educational IT, Media and Audio Visual systems, methods and procedures, together with a theoretical knowledge to analyse, advise and resolve complex problems and issues
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Professional qualifications in Service Management and/or Project Management (e.g. ITIL or PRINCE2)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.