Working as part of the Network Services team, you will provide high quality user support to students and staff who use a wide variety of IT resources.
Educated to at least A Level or equivalent, with recent relevant experience and good team working and excellent communication skills, you should also have a good working knowledge and experience of most of the following:
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft Windows and Office applications in a networked environment.
- Troubleshooting computer problems.
- IT support to a user base with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
- Internet and communications technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and practical with the ability to undertake fault finding and diagnose of a wide range of IT related issues.
- Ability to undertake some heavy lifting and carrying.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to relate to computer users of a wide range of ages and abilities.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.