A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to work for a small friendly business based in Rye, East Sussex.
This is your chance to work for a great company that values its employees and comes with a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The Construction sectors that the company have served include Commercial, Residential, Educational, Industrial, Health and Local Authorities. In addition to London and the home counties, the company are well placed to serve the whole of the UK and Channel Islands.
The team of craftsmen have stayed with the company for many, many years, and have helped to build what is now recognised as an established brand of excellence in their industry, with an ever-growing portfolio of projects.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estimator to join the team.
This is a flexible role that could be partly home-based, although you will still need to attend the office when necessary.
The candidate will be confident in taking on a complex workload in a busy office with minimal supervision and must have both experience and an understanding of cabinet making and joinery in the high-end residential and commercial sector.
We are looking for someone with an enthusiastic approach to learning new skills and assisting the company to implement new processes to make the estimating process more efficient.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Regular meetings with the design team and management to discuss new projects and their design against what has been allowed for
- Site surveys where required and meeting the clients.
- Ability to fully understand detailed working drawings from architects and designers, all aspects of manufacturing, workshop construction and installation.
- Working closely with various subcontractors, i.e. metalwork and stone, ensuring a smooth and efficient process from design through to manufacture.
- Liaising with clients via meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Monitoring variations on projects and keep track of them.
- Working closely with Managing Director to oversee and manage new projects.
- Producing cutting sheets, bills of quantities and purchase materials when required.
- Working and liaising with clients and architects to coordinate design concepts within production processes, along with cutting sheets for workshop issue.
- Strong understanding of joinery methods
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written, as well as a polite telephone manner.
- Process-driven with excellent time management skills.
- A methodical approach to work and an eye for detail.
- Must be highly reliable.
- Must be committed, hardworking, able to work to deadlines, have a strong attention to detail and ensure all aspects of work are completed to the highest standards
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.